I found this very useful information from Dynamics AX communities. Thanks to community members and I am posting it as is here;
This blog post is based on a document from Boštjan Golob, a solution architect working with Dynamics AX. You can connect with Boštjan through LinkedIn.
AX can print a very sophisticated label by sending such a »program« to the label printer, while at the same time knowing absolutely nothing about label layouting. The labels stored in AX are command snippets like above. These are stored in Document routing layouts (Warehouse management – Setup – Document routing – Document routing layouts).
Knowing when to print a label is the job of configuration of menu items and work templates. AX can initiate printing of labels at work creation (for example in receiving scenarios), or during work execution. Which label to print is the job of document routing setup, where we tell the system, based on what we are currently doing, which label to pick and which label to send it to. We well get to configuration later.
- Open the »Devices and Printers« in Control Panel, click on any printer and from the toolbar, select Print Server Properties.
- In the next form, select the Ports tab.
- Click Add Port…
- Select Local port and click New Port…
- For the port name, enter a file name (I use C:\_TEMP for misc. crap, so I put in C:\_TEMP\ZEBRAPRINT.TXT)
- OK out of everything.
- Run the installation program for the NiceLabel Printer Drivers and select a printer you would like to use (I have chosen a pretty basic »ZEBRA GC420d ZPL« printer).
- Select the port you have just created.
- Finish the installation.
That's it, you are all set to explore this on your own further, and thanks to Boštjan again for providing this comprehensive description of the process.